Saturday, July 21, 2007

#2 Problem - Hint

Okay, since no one has posted the solution
to the second problem I give you the hint:
"The first point to note is that Black's king has a possible escape route to e4, so White's first move must either prevent Ke4 or prepare a reply to it. The second point is that if White loses control of c4 or e6 then Black can give a discover check by moving his king. However composers love an element of paradox in their problems, so..."
(taken from Chessmaster 9000)

1 comment:

transformation said...

im the DK of the dk method :).
i will add you to my sidebar, and visit time to time. welcome aboard.

tired, very tired after putting the wraps on my 941 GM game database, in brushing it up from being a pgn file on my old notebook, to a cbv file on my fast, new desktop.

please come by and visit.

im dktransform at CTS, or #39 among all users by tries, and #9 at 1500 elo out of 2150 users by percentage correct, so im not a beginner. :)

warmest, david