Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's Worth Risking!

I've just read a very interesting article by computer scientist Darse Billings, on Chessbase
that speaks about different types of chess styles and their relationship with tournaments results. It turns out that a tactical oriented player who takes many risks during a tournament has more possibility to win that tournament, even if he's not the strongest player.
And a classical player, who doesn't risk too much and draws more games, even if he's the strongest player has less probability to win (an example for this in modern chess could be Wch Vladimir Kramnik). All is demonstrated by statistic means in that article.
So..it's worth risking!!!

4 comments:

Robert Pearson said...

Hi, I got a little post up and linked you now. Thanks for letting me know about your interesting blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I found out about your blog through RP's chess blog, and i see you've got me on you're blogroll. You should have dropped me a note about that so i could return the favour, which i am doing as we speak. I'll be foolowing your posts from now on.

Take care!

Robert Pearson said...

Nobis--Looks like you copied my blogroll, but that's no problem...it wasn't like my property or anything :)

Chess for Blood has been taken down, though. It's a shame, was good stuff.

Nobis said...

Yes I copied it!! ahaha
I should have said it to you...
it was the longest after all!!